Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hi Everyone:
I am going to go through some of my older stuff and see if I can find the newspaper cuttings. I know that I used to save all of them just like Kaku did. Yes I do remember the good old days when kaku and I used to run together ever since we were probably born... LOL.
I REALLY DO CHERISH THE MEMORIES DURING THE TIME WHEN THE SAGOO SPECIALS WERE BUILT. I do remember going to City Panel Beaters in the evenings with Tejo, Sindo, Guddi and Tindae. It was so exciting. We would always want to listen to the engine noise of the Sagoo Specials. kaku and I remember Pindri uncle and Kugi uncle also test drove the Mark II outside on the street where city panel Beaters used to be!!! We do remember the sunday when we went to the Air force base, when someone sabotaged and placed the small metal bearing balls into the intake manifold or the carburettors of the Sagoo Special Mark II Sagoo , which led to the pistons cracking up. Also, during it's first race the Sagoo Special Mark I during it's first race run at Nakuru went through the hairpin curve and nosedived into the grass, and was damaged at the nose.Also remember the gearbox problems with the Porsche gearbox on the Mark II, that had to be replaced with a racing gearbox from Europe. Man those 14-16 inch rear tires on the Mark II were awesome!!!!! I am sure you would remember when we used to go the garage and Pindri uncle completed the tank and the shaping of the Mac airplane, and he also built a bigger one of those "Steam boats" with a flame that you and I used to play with in water.
The excitement of going to the Nakure track on Saturdays before the race was an experience in itself. The stops for eating at Naivasha and Gill Gill. Staying at Bahadur's relatives in Nakuru. Remember the lady we used to joke about in Nakuru....we nicknamed her Rojwo. Ha ha .
kaku singh I remember you used to have so many nicely framed pictures of the Sagoo Specials. I really miss those good old times. Inder also would go with us to nakuru, etc. I have a lot to write, but I will save it for the next few days.
I am really grateful to the whole family for coming up with such a brilliant and a touching topic. It really touches my soul!!!!!! A special thanks to you Kaku and to you Kuku Singh.
Love Moni

No comments:

Post a Comment